Elizabeth A. Solomon
Elizabeth Solomon has practiced exclusively in the area of family law for her entire career, and she understands that there is no "one size fits all" solution in family law matters. Liz focuses on the unique characteristics of each family. She strives to make the divorce process less stressful by helping her clients establish goals, find answers, and achieve positive, long-lasting results. Liz helps clients control the terms and cost of their divorce by working with them to choose the best option to resolve their case—mediation, Collaborative practice, negotiation, or litigation. She is especially known for her work as a trained mediator and Collaborative attorney.
Liz joined NSSS&B as an associate attorney in 2011 and became a shareholder in the firm in 2018. She enjoys having regular contact with clients, and getting to see them move from a place of vulnerability and stress to one of confidence and hope for the future beyond their case.
Clients appreciate Liz’s ability to move them through their family law matter with firm guidance, kindness and compassion. She is a problem solver by nature, but she never loses sight of the needs of the real people whose problems she is solving. Liz is committed to understanding the unique complexities and issues of each case, and developing a plan to navigate the client to a private and dignified resolution.
Her dedication to resolving issues outside court has been strengthened through her service as an executive board member of the Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan.
Based in the firm’s Bloomfield Hills office, Liz serves clients in Washtenaw, Wayne, Oakland, Macomb counties. When not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband, two children, and their Goldendoodle. She also enjoys traveling and riding her Peloton, and has recently taken up golf.
- Child custody and parenting time
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Division of marital assets, including business valuation
- Enforcement and post-judgment issues
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D. (2007)
- University of Michigan, B.A. (2004)
Admission to Practice
- Michigan (2008)
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers – Michigan, Rising Star, 2021
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan (CPIM); Past Executive Board, Past President
- State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- ICLE, Handling a Divorce Case in Michigan: A Systems Approach (co-author)
- ICLE Fundamentals of Divorce: “Setting Up and Running Your Divorce Practice Professionally, Efficiently, and Without Stress”
- ICLE Fundamentals of Divorce: Moderator, October 2021
- LinkedIn: Elizabeth Solomon