Forward Thinking Family Law Since 1994

Parental Power of Attorney Michigan

Protect Your Child with a Parental Power of Attorney Document

When your children live apart from you—or if they travel without you or you travel apart from them—we recommend that you have a parental power of attorney. This document appoints another adult to act in your place in case of your child’s medical or school emergency.

The person you appoint is authorized to get health care and other emergency care for your children. You empower them to buy and dispense medications to your child, and they are generally able to make health care decisions on behalf of your children. The person you appoint can also be authorized to act in your place, for example, to enroll your child in school or request special services.

We can prepare a parental power of attorney form, which may be revoked at any time.