Eileen J. Slank
Phone: (734) 994-3000
Eileen J. Slank was one of NSSS&B’s four founding partners in 1994, and serves as President of the firm today. With more than 35 years of experience in divorce, child custody, property settlement, and estate planning, she represents family law clients throughout Washtenaw and Livingston counties.
In addition to being a trained mediator, Collaborative attorney, and litigator, Eileen also has a background as a social worker. Prior to attending law school, she spent seven years working at the Washtenaw County Juvenile Court as a youth counselor. This unique constellation of experiences has positioned Eileen to understand the needs of children and families in crisis, and to help navigate the legal process in a way that best meets the individual needs of each client.
Although a seasoned courtroom attorney, offering families alternatives to a litigious divorce is what gives Eileen the most satisfaction in her practice. Eileen supports her clients in problem solving and resolving family disputes in a creative way that allows them to look toward a brighter future. With her well-rounded experience as a mediator, collaborator and litigator, Eileen advocates for her clients through whatever process is best suited to their needs.
Clients appreciate Eileen’s negotiation skills and knowledge of Michigan family law as well as the process options she offers to resolve their cases. She is candid and compassionate, and makes it a priority to be accessible to clients as they move through one of the most challenging transitions of their lives.
Eileen views her role as being, first and foremost, an advocate for her clients. She educates her clients regarding the law and their options so they can make informed choices in their legal matters. In addition to empowering her clients with information, Eileen regularly shares her legal knowledge with the community. She has lectured at Washtenaw Community College (WCC) and presented at numerous educational programs in local public schools. Eileen has also served as moderator for many Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) programs.
When not working, Eileen enjoys spending time with her husband of over 40 years, their four adult children, and three grandchildren. She also enjoys swimming and volunteering in a number of local organizations, including her church.
- Family Law
- Collaborative Divorce
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Property Settlement
- Step-Parent Adoption
- LGBTQ Family Law Issues
- Enforcement and Modification of Orders
- Estate Planning
- Wayne State University, J.D. (1986)
- Eastern Michigan University, B.S. in Social Work/Criminology, magna cum laude (1978)
- Michigan (1987)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (1987)
Professional Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Family Law Section
- Probate and Estate Planning Section
- Washtenaw County Bar Association (Former Executive Board member; Former Co-Chair of Family Law Section)
- Michigan Family Mediation Council (Past Chair)
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan (CPIM)
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Ann Arbor Interdisciplinary Group
- Livingston County Interdisciplinary Professional Group
- Board of Directors, Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County (Past Chair)
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (Past Board Member)
- Board of Directors, Huron Valley Swim Club (Past President)